UONGOZI Institute seeks to inspire leaders and promote the recognition of the important role of leadership in sustainable development within Africa. It provides training to leaders from Tanzania and beyond, organizes high-level policy forums and dialogues, and carries out research on leadership and sustainable development.
Reporting to the Human Resources and Administration Officer, the Driver is responsible for driving the Institute’s vehicles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of the Driver shall include the following:
- Drive the Chief Executive Officer.
- Collect and deliver Institute’s guests and staff to various destinations as directed, and park the vehicle thereafter. Ensure the safety of the people that are driven in the motor vehicle.
- Carry out delivery and pick up of goods as directed by supervisor.
- Carry out pre-journey checks, namely; fuel, oil, water, pressure leaks and condition of tyres.
- Ensure effective maintenance of the vehicle(s) including but not limited to cleaning and making sure it has oil, water, etc. Ensure that the vehicle has valid papers, e.g. insurance, etc. and inform appropriate office when due for renewal.
- Complete vehicle logbook for each trip detailing the mileage and destinations. Provide reconciliations to supervisor at the end of the month or where necessary.
- Ensure the vehicles has adequate fuel at all times.
- Report any defects on motor vehicles to the supervising officer so that a garage service can be arranged.
- Immediately report any accidents if they occur following the procedure for reporting accidents as per the Institute’s motor vehicle policy.
- Assist in administrative duties, i.e. photocopying, provision of support at reception, etc., when required as directed by supervisor
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Management.
- Good eyesight
- Excellent driving skills
- Knowledge of vehicle safety requirements
KEY JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Holder of Ordinary Secondary School Certificate (Form IV)
- Holder of valid Class ‘C’ driving license.
- Holder of Trade Test Certificate Grade I in Motor Mechanics from VETA or National Institute of Transport or Advanced Drivers Certificate Grade I from the National Institute of Transport.
- Holder of Defensive Driving Certificate.
- Motor vehicle driving experience of at least four years.
- Knowledge of written and spoken Kiswahili and English
Experience in working with the Government of Tanzania as a Driver will be an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume, scanned certificates and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to – email@example.com — or by Post to:
Chief Executive Officer
No 62 Msasani Road, P.O. Box 105753
Dar es Salaam
CLOSING DATE: 30th January 2018
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.