Vacancies and Tenders
UONGOZI Institute seeks to inspire leaders and promote the recognition of the important role of leadership in sustainable development within Africa.
Located in the President’s Office, United Republic of Tanzania, UONGOZI Institute provides training to leaders from Tanzania and beyond, organizes high-level policy forums and dialogues, and carries out research on leadership and sustainable development.
Through its Internship Programme, UONGOZI Institute seeks to engage a recent graduate in the Department of Executive Education. Successful candidate will assist in the day-to-day activities of the Department, including designing, developing and evaluating leadership development programmes and conducting research on areas of leadership development and sustainable development.
Successful Candidate will gain and/or be exposed to:
- Contemporary leadership development trends and best practices.
- Executive education workshop/event coordination skills.
- Monitoring and evaluation of executive education programmes.
- Writing and communication skills.
- Database management skills.
- Different computer software and programmes for performing different tasks.
- Record-keeping skills (Government record-keeping and filing system).
- Interpersonal skills.
- Office practices and procedures.
Duration and Work Schedule:
Initially, the Intern will be provided with a three-month contract. Extension of the contract will be determined by satisfactory performance and/or the Institute’s needs. Some assignments will require travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following disciplines; Education, Political Science, Human Resource Management, Business Administration and Social Science.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Swahili.
- Proficiency in MS-Word, Excel and internet search tools.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Volunteer experience is preferred, although not required.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their applications via firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line “Training Intern”. The application should include Curriculum Vitae (CV) with contact details of three referees and a motivation letter. Early applications are encouraged and will be considered. Candidates who previously applied for this position do not need to reapply.
Note: UONGOZI Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We regret that we will not be able to contact unsuccessful applicants.