UONGOZI Institute invites applications for a partially-funded one-year Executive Programme, Postgraduate Diploma in Leadership from Tanzanian Senior Leaders in the Public, Private and Civil Society Organisations. The Programme, undertaken in collaboration with Aalto University Executive Education of Finland (Aalto EE), includes 10 modules that are run over the course of one year. It aims to develop leadership competencies in three areas; Making Strategic Choices, Leading People and Other Resources and Excelling in Personal Leadership Qualities.
Facilitated by world-class professors and experts in leadership from around the world, the Programme is designed to encourage participants to challenge their thinking as they broaden their competencies in visioning, planning and inspiring others through advanced strategic communication. It aims to motivate participants to become better designers and innovators of effective structures and systems for better results.
The Programme is designed for leaders who want to propel their professional development without putting their careers on hold. Each module runs for one month, consisting of 2-3 days in-class workshops and online individual or group assignments.
Completion of the Programme requires attending all modules and completing several written pre- and post-assignments and four graded exams. On successful completion, candidates will earn 18 European credits; all of which are transferrable to the Aalto EE Executive MBA Programme or Aalto EE MBA Programme.
The tuition fee for the Programme is EUR 8,000. This scholarship covers:
- 50% of the tuition fee (EUR 4,000)
- Learning and training materials, including stationery
- Meals and refreshments during training hours
The participants or their sponsors will be responsible for:
- 50% of the tuition fee (EUR 4,000)
- Daily Subsistence Allowance (Per Diem)
- Transport and on-transit expenses
- Incidentals and medical coverage
The registration process is complete ONLY when all balances have been remitted.
- Candidate’s Curriculum Vitae (not exceeding 2 pages)
- Cover letter (not exceeding one page)
- An essay (between 450 – 500 words) explaining the candidate’s leadership successes, challenges and motivation for applying for the Programme
- Reference letter indicating sponsorship commitment signed by the candidate and his/her sponsor
- Certified copies of original academic certificates. UONGOZI Institute reserves the rights to verify certificates with issuing institution.
- Commitment letter from the employer to confirm the applicant’s full participation in the Programme.
Selection Criteria and Qualifications
Candidates need to meet with the following entry requirements:
- Minimum five years of work experience in a managerial or senior specialist position
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced command of written and spoken English
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficiency in writing academic papers
Tentative Programme Schedule
April 2020: Opening, Reflective and inspirational leader
May 2020: Strategy Formulation and Implementation
August 2020: Developing Financial Skills
September 2020: Leading for results
October 2020: Design Thinking for Organisational Development
November 2020: Sustainable Development
January 2021: Ethical Leadership
February 2021: Strategic Communication
March 2021: Human Resource Management for Executives
April 2021: Leading Change, Graduation
Dar es Salaam and Arusha (Specific location will be determined for each module).
How to Apply
Submit your applications or the names of selected candidates to
The Chief Executive Officer
P.O. Box 105753
Dar es Salaam
Or email to email@example.com
All applications must be received by Friday, 14th February, 2020 at 17:00 hours (EAT).Applications received after this deadline will not be considered. For more information about this Programme, please visit www.uongozi.or.tz/postgraduate-diploma. Only successful candidates will be contacted.